- Mai Tai is a Unique Balinese inspired Adults only Mountain Retreat set in the Hinterlands of Port Douglas with breathtaking views over the lush green tropical Rainforest towards the Coral Coast.
Mai Tai - Port Douglas “The perfect retreat for the discerning guest”
Dear valued guest,
Mai Tai offers a completely private and safe oasis set high in the hinterlands of Port Douglas, surrounded by lush tropical rainforest. Our boutique mountain retreat is set on 5 acres and caters for up to 12 guests at any one time, ensuring plenty of privacy and space for each and every guest.
In this time of uncertainty with the progression of the COVID-19 outbreak, Mai Tai Resort assures you that your safety and comfort remain our highest priority. Our thoughts are with those who are affected by this virus and those who are caring for them.
Please find below an update on what we are doing to ensure maximum flexibility for your bookings and your wellbeing when you stay with us.
Flexibility on your travel plans.
- For bookings made through a travel intermediary (e.g. travel agents, OTAs such as booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Airbnb etc), please contact your booking provider for assistance (we do not get involved with bookings made via OTAs) - refunds are not guaranteed and you must follow the conditions set by the booking sight that you agreed to at the time of your confirmation.
- For new reservations booked DIRECTLY WITH MAI TAI - we recognise the need for flexibility and confidence in your travel plans during the Pandemic. In light of this - regardless of what your conditions state at the time of the booking confirmation, if your effected by "COVID" FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS OR BORDER CLOSURES Mai Tai will completely refund all monies paid (less of course credit card fees we incur plus one nights accommodation). Please note these conditions can change at anytime and at the discretion on Mai Tai Resort.
- PLEASE REMEMBER - IT'S ALWAYS CHEAPER TO BOOK LAST MINUTE AND ADVANCED BOOKINGS DIRECT WITH MAI TAI
In preparation for your arrival.
We have stepped up precautionary measures at Mai Tai as the safety of our guests and is paramount to us. We take the utmost care to ensure every stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable.
Our measures will include:
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitisation of guest rooms.
- Frequent sanitisation of high-contact points, such as door handles, reception counters, benches and breakfast area.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed at the entrance of Mai Tai for all guest arriving and departing.
- Hand wash will be available in all rooms
- As of 01 May it is law (in QLD) that all guest checking in at Mai Tai register via the "Check in QLD" app - downloading this app prior to your arrival will save time and will be required at all venues you visit throughout QLD
We care for our guests by introducing these additional measures to safeguard your wellbeing. We have been briefed on the guidelines provided by the World Health Organization and local government health authorities and ready to render assistance to any guest that may feel unwell.
We look forward to welcoming our guests into our retreat with the same warmth and hospitality we have always done. While the COVID-19 outbreak is a precipitously changing and fluid situation, we are committed to keeping you informed and to care for you as a valued Mai Tai Resort guest.